Saturday 21 December 2013

My nativity scene


I assisted alot with our reindeer family made from toilet rolls that Jasper painted & stickered last week & this week I made a nativity scene to surprise him & Ducky with. It did actually take me quite a few hours but I am pretty proud of my efforts, the characters are too cute. My twin sissy is such a great artist & Ive always shyed away as Im so clumsy & heavy handed so never really get very good results. It was certainally worth the effort though. I again used toilet rolls & included materials of old clothing, felt, glitter paper, sequins, jewels, patterned card & crepe paper. Pva glue was not cutting it for this so I used a stapler which worked perfectly to pin each material to the toilet rolls. I spent my whole day off sat at the table designing these lil beauts & cutting & sticking, then replanning my design & using a stapler & superglue as pva & sellotape were not at all useful. It took alot of effort actually but I loved it. I really loved the end result & waking to see my darling boy jumping around excitedly in delight was just incredible. I uploaded photos to my instagram & facebook with pride & have had them pinned, shared & liked by friends & strangers telling me how adorable our set is so Im feeling rather chuffed with my lil project. Jasper adores the baby Jesus & we read his new lift the flap Nativity book & tell the story with the nativity scene I made. So much fun & Im so in love with how much Jasper likes me creations aswell as his own art. I saw the idea on Happy hooligans facebook page in November so a bit late in designing my own. But worth the wait so the weekend before Christmas we have a fab new role play game & Jasper feels like Christmas has come early. Ducky hasnt seen them yet although we did get to pick her up from school for hot chocolate today, perfect afternoon with my cherubs!!* 
ps-Darcey lost her fourth tooth yesterday. Her bugs bunny front top right, my lil gummy bear. Too cute ducky xx 143

No comments: